Monday, December 20, 2004

Response.Redirect, Server.Transfer, Server.Execute

Response.Redirect
  • Tells the browser to redirect.
Server.Transfer
  • Consumes less server resources than Response.Redirect
  • Changes the focus on the web server and transfers the request.
  • Does not maintains the original URL.
  • Cannot navigate to an external URL.
  • Has a second parameter "preserveForm" which when set to true, all the objects in the page can be accessed from the page which you are transfering to. You can access that using Request.Form("txtName")

Server.Execute

  • Executes a page and returns the results.
  • Is not very important in ASP.Net

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home